Airsoft Sniper is arguably the best airsoft gun for beginners because it fires at higher FPS and has a longer range. On the downside, Airsoft Snipers are quite large in size and difficult to carry around especially if you’re trying to move stealthily behind enemy lines.
Here, we will feature the very best airsoft sniper camouflage techniques to help your gun and you blend in seamlessly with your surroundings.
The basics of camouflage
To properly camouflage your airsoft gun, you must first know how objects blend in with their background.
Airplanes and cars are the best examples of this principle: they use different colors to camouflage themselves against the sky or land.
Their selected colors will help break up their silhouette making them difficult for enemies to identify these objects from far away.
Another important idea is for you to break up your airsoft gun’s silhouette so it will not attract too much attention.
Is Camouflage necessary?
An airsoft sniper rifle with camouflage is a lot less conspicuous than an airsoft sniper rifle without any camo. If your gun is too obvious, chances are that the enemy will already know where you are and shoot first before even seeing your face.
If you and your teammates get spotted, the enemy team will know exactly where to shoot. Otherwise, if you can move in stealthily without being identified, your team has a greater chance of winning the game.
How To Camouflage Your Airsoft Sniper?
We’ve compiled a list of the best airsoft sniper camouflage techniques below. Test out each method to see which ones work best for you.
The more of these ideas you can use, the more effective your airsoft gun will be in combat!
- Use foliage or other natural materials to break up your airsoft guns silhouette.
- Break up the shape of your gun with other elements such as spare ammo or tools attached to it.
- Remove any attachments that can be easily identified (such as scopes and bipods which stick out like sore thumbs) to break up your airsoft gun profile.
- Opt for dark colors like black or grey. These will help you blend in with shadows and darker areas, while lighter color guns such as white or yellow are more visible against a brighter background or sky.
- You can also use tape. Wrap your gun with electrical tape to create texture and break up the line of sight on the surface of the gun. This may require some adjustment when using an airsoft sniper rifle as some parts (such as scopes, flash hiders, etc.) are harder to cover.
- You can also use some camouflage airsoft gun stickers and decals. They are easy to find on the internet and many of them are reusable so you don’t have to buy a new one every time you play airsoft. These stickers help cover up your airsoft gun profile, but at the same time give it an intimidating look.
- If you like to use a bipod, try buying a design that breaks up the outline of your gun. The classic black and orange zigzag patterns are still effective today. Just make sure it blends in with the background and isn’t too bulky or heavy for you to carry around.
- If you are a serious airsoft sniper and want to take camouflage to the next level, consider buying a Ghillie suit. These suits are designed with different colors so that they blend in perfectly with nature. You can use ghillie suits in any airsoft game even if they’re not in a woodland or forest environment.
Things to avoid when camouflaging
Here, we talk about the things that should be avoided when camouflaging your sniper: red areas – red objects stand out from their surroundings as they hardly exist in nature. Avoid using red paint or wrap as much as possible.
Orange areas – orange objects are the second to stand out because of their bright color and unnatural tone in the wild.
Black areas – black is hard to see in most backgrounds, but can actually work if you want to disappear from direct sight. However, it will make you more visible when seen from an angle.
White areas – White is the easiest to spot in any environment, so avoid using white paints or wraps altogether.
Is it better to camouflage or paint an airsoft sniper?
In general, it’s better to paint your airsoft gun than just stick on a few stickers or wraps. Airsoft guns are machines and even the slightest scratch can alter their efficiency in combat.
However, if you want to start off cheap, then you can always use airsoft camo stickers/decals instead of painting your sniper rifle.
There are many airsoft gun camo stickers/decals available in the market today, so just pick which one looks best on your gun.
What is the effectiveness of airsoft sniper camouflage?
Decorations and camouflage do help break up the shape of an airsoft gun, but how effective they are depending largely on the actual airsoft sniper and the environment.
Airsoft sniper camouflage is more effective in environments where there are lots of trees, bushes, and other foliage because these can help break up the shape of your gun. If you’re playing airsoft inside a forest or jungle, then chances are that the opposition won’t see you coming even if your gun was left uncovered.
On the other hand, airsoft sniper camouflage is not as effective if there are no trees, bushes, or leaves to hide you. In this case, the shape of your gun will stand out and give away your position. This is why it’s always better to use objects such as rocks or bricks that can help break up the line of sight.
Recommended airsoft snipers for beginners
Here are a few airsoft sniper rifles that are perfect for beginners:
- ASG – Spring Sniper Rifle FPS-550 (w/ Scope and Bi-pod): This is one of the most reliable but affordable airsoft sniper rifles you can find. It’s designed with an adjustable hop-up which makes it easy to use for beginners. It is made with a solid metal frame and the barrel can be detached which allows you to easily carry it around.
- JG – Spring Sniper Rifle FPS-550 (w/ Scope): This airsoft sniper rifle is made by JG which has a solid reputation as one of the most reliable airsoft brands in the world. It’s made with full metal, so it’s more durable than most other airsoft rifles. The scope included is easy to use and can be removed when you’re not using it.
- ASG – Spring Sniper Rifle FPS-780 (w/ Scope and Bi-pod): This is the older version of the ASG – Spring Sniper Rifle FPS-550 that we talked about earlier. It also comes with a scope, so it’s much more expensive than its counterpart. However, if you are looking for something more reliable and accurate, then this airsoft sniper rifle will be perfect for you.
Camouflaging and painting your airsoft sniper is the best way to avoid being detected by opponents. Choose an airsoft gun camo sticker/decal that will fit in with your environment and chances are you’ll stay off the radar. If you can’t find any good stickers/decals, then don’t forget to paint your airsoft sniper rifle. Just make sure to use matte or flat colors so that it won’t be prone to scratching.
Airsoft sniper camouflage is great for airsoft games but it’s not foolproof. If you still want to stay covered, then play with your airsoft goggles on and aim carefully!